Wednesday, December 26, 2007

are you there??

Alone in my space, tuned out yet tuned in, I see.

Icy air, heavy in the smell of humans envelopes us.

As the riffs of a madman pierce the air, I scan a room, alive with electricity.


A cog in the engine, a spoke in the wheel, I am but a medium to the heroes. Men, unlike you and I, ones with power at their fingertips... The power of creation, of which we are humble admirers and I am the link.


The feet respond to rock 'n' roll, the heads to metal, and always there is smoke. A comfort we seek in the company of mates and the aura of beer, and always we stay.... one with the music.

I am an observer


The next songs is cued, is anyone attuned?

Recognised, she ignites.... and away we go...

Now I see the joy, now I feel the seekers, with hope in their hearts.

As he sings in his head and laughs with his eyes, the people are drawn together.

Is this not what we seek?

To be with our own, enjoying in each others happiness?

And who else shall deliver, but the masters of beat and harmony...






No comments: